Artwork Review: Overview
Companies require labeling and artwork quality checks to ensure perfection, not just in terms of product technicalities but also in terms of communicating the product’s usability to the end user. Even a simple typo on the final artwork or artwork defects could cost an organization millions of dollars and hence a comprehensive artwork review could be the best solution!
There are several reasons why companies are unable to address this issue of artwork defects. Some of them are included below:
- Lack of proficient artwork label proofreading/QC professionals, with Regulatory artwork background.
- Absence of electronic proofreading tools in the process.
- Limited knowledge of Regulatory requirements.
In such scenarios, companies must bear with the consequences if they fail to address the gross technical, contextual, and content-based artwork defects.
With specialized knowledge on Regulatory aspects, Freyr’s Artwork proofreading support services stand apart from other artwork studios.
Equipped with the right resources to handle both manual and software-enabled proofing, Freyr has successfully handled proofreading for various Tier-1 companies, and for mid-sized and small industries as well. Freyr’s Artwork studio complies with the 4-Eye approach due to which quality proofreading is established as an integral function to cater to customers. As part of artwork proofreading services for Pharma and Lifesciences, Freyr performs the below list of critical checks.
Artwork Review – Critical Checks Performed
- Check brand name consistency.
- Check active ingredient availability.
- Check the dosage displayed on all panels of a carton or folding box (In case of a leaflet, check dosage consistency in all repetitions).
- Check if all annotations are carried out by the stakeholders.
- Check if the SAP/Supply Chain ID is visible in the artwork for future tracking.
- Check for the pharma code required for the production line and ensure it is the correct one as per the new change request.
- Check if the artwork is created as per the right technical drawing and if all the variable data required is catered to and aligned to the specified production site.
- Check for colors and separations to make sure no additional color is added, as any variation will lead to artwork for non-compliance.
Artwork Review - Freyr Expertise
- Content and Artwork proofreading.
- Artwork quality check.
- Graphics verification.
- Image-to-image comparison.
- Site-specific or packaging line-specific technical checks.
- Print/vendor-related technical check.
- Electronic proofreading for text as well as pixel-to-pixel comparison.
- Regulatory checks with the help of the labeling/Regulatory affairs team.
- Tamper-evident packaging, Braille, color check.
Artwork Review - Freyr Advantages
- Proofreaders trained on global Regulatory guidelines.
- Right-first-time (RFT) approach.
- 4-Eye quality check approach.
- Internally synergized Regulatory intelligence groups feed regular insights on global artwork/labeling guidelines to the Artwork Center of Excellence (CoE) team members.
- Consistency in maintaining quality as per GxP standards.
- Best-in-class artwork proofreading infrastructure.
- Dedicated work environment for proofreading.
- Trained resources on Regulatory, packaging, and print supplier requirements.
- Quick turnaround time (TAT).
- Maintaining brand consistency.
- Improved productivity.